Laboratory performs a wide variety of basic and advanced hematology testing on whole blood, serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluids and other body fluids.
Routine hematology and coagulation testing is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Additionally, advanced hematological tests are a performed using a variety of techniques including flow cytometry and electrophoresis based methods and are available from Monday to Friday, 7 am – 5 pm.
The Hematology Laboratory also performed body fluid analysis including:
- Automated Urinalysis with the IRIS
- Rapid pregnancy screening
- Routine coagulation testing (PT and PTT)
- Joint fluid analyses for crystal evaluation, cell counts, WBC differentials
- Cell counts and WBC differentials on CNS, pleural and ascetic fluids